We are recruiting! If you are keen to join one of the best (in our view) growing PR agencies, have a love of sport and adventure and are passionate about delivering value for clients through quality media coverage – apply today!
We’re a small PR agency with big plans and want a confident and experienced consultant to join our team.
This role will be focussed on our sport clients including athletes, adventurers, hydration, nutrition and health brands. It would be great if you had an interest in exercise and sport!
As an agency we specialise in media relations and PR consultancy in travel, sport and consumer PR. We drive awareness & engagement for companies ‘that enhance our lives’.
We believe in working hard but flexibly. It’s all about delivering amazing results for our clients.
The role will be working remotely, yet collaboratively with the owner and wider team of consultants.
Who we are looking for…
We are looking for an experienced senior account executive / account manager who is ready to hit the ground sprinting. The person we hire will take on existing client work but will also be tasked to deliver new business targets.
We want someone who is hungry for results. They will be highly capable with client management and experienced in creating and delivering PR campaigns for health and sports brands – and all over it when it comes to engaging with social media.
Along with creativity and understanding, we need someone who is methodical and has an eye for detail. This is a full-time position; however part time will also be considered for the right candidate.
Fitting into our culture
- Confident: You’ll be eager to get stuck in!
- Flexible: We believe in living life & getting the job done – and done well. You’re not here to make up the numbers.
- Methodical: You’ll need to be organised with an acute attention to detail.
- Results: We are results focussed, not clock watchers. Our eyes are always on focussed on delivering meaningful results.
- Personable: We work with good communicators, after all that’s how we add value to our clients.
- Independent: We hire self-motivated people who can work remotely and independently.
- Authoritative: We are not “yes people” we are the experts and give expert advice.
- Ambassador: Our teamrepresents Sway and the Sway values at all times.
- PR campaign delivery: Deliver all aspects of the PR campaign including:
- Input into PR plans and strategies
- Writing press releases, features and PR content
- Selling in news, feature and interview opportunities to the media
- Monitor and cut coverage to present to clients
- Develop and negotiate strategic partnerships
- PR campaign management:
- Personal time planning and management
- Client liaison, reviews, and updates on progress
- Input into strategic communications advice and planning
- Reporting for clients
- Time sheets
- New Business:
- Network, introduce, pitch, and engage new business prospects.
- Other additional tasks:
- Other activities associate with marketing Sway and its clients as deemed necessary.
- Clients – to strategise, manage, deliver, and monitor quality PR campaigns for clients on time and within budget.
- Commercial expectations – to deliver 16 billable days of client activity per month.
- New business – to maintain new business activities to deliver a minimum expected level of client work.
- Value for clients – to create measurable value for clients.
- Teamwork and mentorship – to support the business’ growth with onboarding and mentoring new team members.
- IT knowledge – a good understanding of a range of Microsoft programmes. Image manipulation tools, video editing, media database management experience preferred.
What you will bring
- Firstly, and most importantly, the candidate must be experienced in planning and delivering award worthy PR campaigns – with a hunger to generate meaningful results for clients.
- The person joining our team will be a great creator of content, planner, and writer – with an eye for detail. It would be an advantage to have good media contacts in travel and/or sport and the skills to build strong media relationships in new markets.
- They will be confident and experienced in managing clients along with experience in delivering new business.
- We value people who are creative, yet methodical and organised; self-motivated and able to work on their own initiative with support and collaboration from management and the wider team.
- Although our clients are king, we believe in flexibility. We all understand the job that needs doing – it is up to each of us to manage our time and deliver amazing results.
- We enjoy what we do, and work with fun, respectful, likeminded people. The right fit for us is essential!
Experience – ready to get stuck in straight away!
We are looking for someone with:
- Extensive experience working in PR. Agency experience is preferred.
- Experience of directing and implementing business to consumer (B2C) PR accounts, preferably in a sport and lifestyle market.
- Evidence of copywriting, marketing and report writing, social media, event management and client liaison skills.
- Experience networking, forming partnerships and developing new business opportunities.
- Experience in building a network of influencers and press commentators.
- Industry knowledge and contacts.
What we can offer you…
- Salary + bonus dependent on experience
- Salary: £25,000 per annum (for the first 6 months) rising to £27,500 per annum thereafter subject to hitting milestones.
- Bonus: new business and team performance bonuses
- Remote working.
- Flexible working hours – start early and finish early, it’s up to you!
- 5 days sick pay per year
- Benefits including 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays).
- And your birthday off on us!
To apply contact
Mark Hayward, Sway PR founder
+44 (0) 07731 752096