Bipolar UK is the only national charity dedicated to empowering individuals and families affected by bipolar. Peer support is at the core of their work and they empower approximately 1,000 people a month to live well and fulfil their potential.
More than one million people in the UK have a diagnosis of bipolar, but nearly half a million are still waiting to be diagnosed. Bipolar UK wants to:
- Provide a comprehensive peer support service for people affected by bipolar and increase the reach of their delivery.
- Act as the voice of the community to change public attitudes and build a society that enables people affected by bipolar to live well and fulfil their potential.
As part of ongoing activity, Bipolar UK asked Sway PR to help drive awareness of and educate the wider UK public about the challenges faced by those living with bipolar.
Sway developed an ongoing PR strategy to:
- Raise awareness of Bipolar UK, and the resources available to people living with the condition with the aim of reducing diagnosis time significantly.
- Highlight the lack of consistent support for those living with bipolar within the mental healthcare sector.
- Encourage people to think about bipolar as a stand-alone mental health condition and not just one of several under the umbrella term of SMI.
- Drive people to the Bipolar UK website for more information and support.
Since September, Sway PR has achieved 43 pieces of media coverage, including The Sun and The Independent reaching an audience of 3.7 million.
The team has also secured several broadcast and national media opportunities for an upcoming Parliamentary reception event on November 8th.
- Project Title Creating awareness around Bipolar in the UK
- Category Media relations and communications strategy
- Client Details Bipolar UK
- Project Link www.bipolaruk.org
- Project Type Charity media relations